HHCEF is CELEBRATING its 20th YEAR!
Founded in 1995, the HHCEF’s mission is to provide funding for
programs and projects that support academic excellence and
lifelong learning for members of the Hendrick Hudson community.
The HHCEF Tribute Brick Wall
2013 HHCEF Memorial Brick Installation (Click on image to zoom)
Two ways to order:
Like us on Facebook
Congratulations to our 2015 Senior Scholarship Award Recipients!
2015 HHCEF Scholarship Recipients Jazz Munitz and Emily Aurand with Board members Beth Gruber(left) and Lisa Tieche (Click on image to zoom) Click here for list of past recipients
2015 HARLEM WIZARDS V. HEN HUD’S ALL-STARS
Multidisciplinary Puppet Production of “Chato’s Kitchen” Funded by HHCEF Grant
Grant recipient Jan Aiello with puppeeteer Melody Munitz and HHCEF Board members David White, Uta Wussing and Beth Gruber
Click here for story and slideshow on Hendrick Hudson School District’s website
2015-2016 HHCEF Grant Program
Grant Cycle Deadlines
Fall Grants – $1,000 each November 1, 2015
Spring Grants – $1,000 each March 1, 2016
2015-16 Update: We will not be awarding Innovation in Education grants this year.
2014 Fall Grant Awards
- Chair Yoga sessions led by a professional yoga instructor for the Buchanan and Verplanck Senior Citizens. This 10-week program will be video-recorded for continued use by the seniors in the years to come
- “We Are Readers!” program at Buchanan-Verplanck Elementary School. Funds will be used to purchase ‘We Both Read’ books featuring an interactive format with age-appropriate text on one page for a child, and more sophisticated text for a parent, teacher, or older child on the facing page
- iMac computer for the new high school recording studio to supplement the equipment HHCEF funded in 2013. Students use the studio to record music CDs and to film “Inside Hen Hud,” the high school’s new video news show, available for viewing on the district website, www.henhudschools.org
2014 Spring Grant Awards
- Laptops for Free Computer Education classes at the Hendrick Hudson Free Library, teaching basic internet skills, word processing and Excel via small group instruction.
- iPads for the ABC (Academics, Behavior and Communication) Program to be used to enhance and track student progress in language, behavior and motor skills and build functional skills in ABC. Teachers and students will use speech apps, video modeling, iTunes.
- Collaborative Art and Language Dept. Project - Hendrick Hudson High School Spanish language students, under art teacher supervision, will create a large paper mural modeled after Picasso’s Don Quixote using Sharpie markers. The finished mural will hang in the Guidance hallway.
- Community Building through Art and Literacy, puppetry and storytelling workshops featuring collaboration between Hendrick Hudson High School art students and elementary English language learners using the bilingual children’s book, Chato’s Kitchen
- Supplies for Teach Yourself Friday, a Blue Mountain Middle School Computers class segment allowing students to explore an area of interest through internet research, using tutorials to teach an application or skill not otherwise in the curriculum.
2013 Fall Grant Awards
- CD-Rom versions of Rosetta Stone for English for Hendrick Hudson High School ELL Learners
- MIDI controller, microphones and other recording equipment for the new high school Recording Studio
- Plasma television for the Mac lab at the high school
Hendrick Hudson High School’s BAM (Band of Ambitious Musicians) Club in the new Recording Studio
2014 Innovation Grant Awards
- Digital Art Studio at Hendrick Hudson High School to support projects in photography, portfolios, graphic design, yearbook, and video. The studio would be used by all art classes, the yearbook club, and a planned digital photography club. This grant builds on our 2012 Innovation in Education grant that funded the creation of new technology-rich art electives at Blue Mountain Middle School.
2013 Innovation Grant Awards
- 20 Chromebooks and storage cart for the Alternative High School
- 2 Exercise Rowers for the Hendrick Hudson High School Cardio Room
- Reading A to Z Literacy software license for all elementary school teachers district-wide (matched with funds from the Peekskill Rotary Club)
2013 Spring Grant Awards
- ELMO image projector for a Hendrick Hudson High School English class
- Wound-stitching kits, chromatograhy kit and protein electrophoresis chamber for Medical Interventions, the newest course in the Project Lead the Way Biomedical sequence at Hendrick Hudson High School
- A portable dry erase music staff board for elementary music instruction at Furnace Woods School