2014 Spring Grants – Round 2
- Laptops for Free Computer Education classes at the Hendrick Hudson Free Library, teaching basic internet skills, word processing and Excel via small group instruction.
- iPads for the ABC (Academics, Behavior and Communication) Program to be used to enhance and track student progress in language, behavior and motor skills and build functional skills in ABC. Teachers and students will use speech apps, video modeling, iTunes.
- Collaborative Art and Language Dept. Project - Hendrick Hudson High School Spanish language students, under art teacher supervision, will create a large paper mural modeled after Picasso’s Don Quixote using Sharpie markers. The finished mural will hang in the Guidance hallway.
2014 Spring Grant Awards
- Community Building through Art and Literacy – Puppetry and storytelling workshops featuring collaboration between Hendrick Hudson High School art students and elementary English language learners using the bilingual children’s book, Chato’s Kitchen
- Supplies for Teach Yourself Friday, a Blue Mountain Middle School Computers class segment allowing students to explore an area of interest through internet research, using tutorials to teach an application or skill not otherwise in the curriculum.
2013 Fall Grant Awards
- CD-Rom versions of Rosetta Stone for English for Hendrick Hudson High School ELL Learners
- MIDI controller, microphones and other recording equipment for a new high school recording studio
- New plasma television for the Mac lab at the high school
2014 Innovation Grant Awards
- Digital Art Studio at Hendrick Hudson High School to support projects in photography, portfolios, graphic design, yearbook, and video. The studio would be used by all art classes, the yearbook club, and a planned digital photography club. This grant builds on our 2012 Innovation in Education grant that funded the creation of new technology-rich art electives at Blue Mountain Middle School.
2013 Innovation Grant Awards
- 20 Chromebooks and storage cart for the Alternative High School
- 2 Exercise Rowers for the Hendrick Hudson High School Cardio Room
- Reading A to Z Literacy software license for all elementary school teachers district-wide (matched with funds from the Peekskill Rotary Club)
2013 Spring Grant Awards
- ELMO image projector for a Hendrick Hudson High School English class
- Wound-stitching kits, chromatograhy kit and protein electrophoresis chamber for Medical Interventions, the newest course in the Project Lead the Way Biomedical sequence at Hendrick Hudson High School
- A portable dry erase music staff board for elementary music instruction at Furnace Woods School
HHCEF TRIBUTE BRICKS
2013 HHCEF Memorial Brick Installation
(Click on image to zoom)
HHCEF TRIBUTE BRICK ORDER FORM